Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Half My Chili and Half Their's

So, I decided today to clean a little out of the fridge and make some leftovers into something better. Here is what I made. Conrad and his friend Cole said it was the best chili they had ever tasted.

Left Over Chili
3/4 cup Sloppy Joes, Manwich style (from Friday night)
2 cups Roast Beef, cut and torn into 1/2 inch pieces (from Sunday night)
2 cups chili beans (from a #10 can Dad had given me, I froze the left overs in Ziploc bags. I still have four bags, with two cups each in them, left in the freezer if anyone needs any chili beans)
1 can Rotell
1 can stewed Tomatoes, smashed
1 can tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
palm full onion flakes

Heat and eat! Good stuff! We had ours with corn bread muffins and honey butter. I might have another serving as a late night snack before bed.

It is the roast pieces that I think make it so very tasty but you could use plain old ground beef. I think it is my new go to recipe for left over roast. No more shepherd's pie for us!

No comments: