Karina turned 3 years old! To celebrate our little princess's birthday we had a princess party.
I worked on these cupcakes for two days and many, many hours! Britt even helped me put the heads together; these cupcakes still took forever. The directions had me smashing ten gum drops together and then rolling them together in sugar till 1/8'' think, and cut out an 8'' circle for the skirt and the sleeves. That smashing and rolling of the skirts was insane! After about 3 dresses that took hours I knew there was no way I would have time in the two days till her birthday to finish them! I went to the grocery store and found some red fruit roll-ups that worked just fine when I rolled red sprinkles into them. Though still time consuming it was way, WAY better then the sticky gum drop idea! They were not pink which would have been cute but I think they turned out pretty stinking cute just the same.
It was worth all of the work when I saw the look on Karina's face!
Before Britt went to work she hung crape paper all over the family room. I can not believe I did not get a picture! I made gold crowns for the boys and pink princess hats for the girls. While I was getting all set up and finishing the hats Michael went out to get the balloons and other things on the list (like the ice cream that we never took out of the freezer:-) that I needed.
Karina had so much fun opening her gifts. She got great gifts from even better friends!
Kristy Robinson came down with her little girl, Summer. It was so good to see her! We let the kids make bracelets. They turned out way cute.
Natalie was so nice to sit next to Alexander and make sure that he was not loved to death. Here she is with her three cute little guys, Josh, Eli and Sam.
While Karina opened her presents I caught this picture of Cari and Merilee googling over Merilee's baby, Marty. So cute!
After working all night the night before, Michael was a little worn out. Despite his fatigue nothing could keep him away from his little princess's party!
No comments:
Post a Comment