About a week ago my sleep deprived husband came home around
one A.M. and I was up playing on the computer.
I was being "productive" pinning and "unwinding"
from the day. He called us both out on
needing to be better people and parents!
I needed to spend more time with the kids and on the house and less time
on me, which meant being in bed at a decent time, instead of being up late
“pinning.” Not enough sleep can make for
a crabby and less willing mommy.
At first I was hurt, mad even. It took a night of restless sleep but in the
morning I realized that even though he had not said it in a nice way, what he
had said was true. I am a good mom, I
play with my kids and take them places, but I could be better! My house is not gross or dirty, but I knew
how to keep a cleaner house! Why was I
not doing these things on my own? I decided to put on my "Big Girl
Panties" and listen to what my loving husband was asking of us both.
I started to spend LOTS less time on the computer and on
social networking, pinning awesome ideas and watching the TV. I have made it a point to DO the things I
have pinned to do with the kids or in my spare time, read with them more, play
with them in their room more and let them help me in the kitchen and around the
house (I know this may not sound like much, but it is taking patience to help
them learn to fold the laundry and not feel the need to refold it because it is
not perfect). I have been doing things every day to make the house cleaner,
neater and more organized every day! (This
has helped me it is amazing!
https://gk105.infusionsoft.com/app/page/850bf37666e8a772ac65d4e7c03e5be5)
And it was not just bash your awesome wife evening, he meant
that he needed to change too! He also
has been better about not playing games on the computer when he is home from
work. Instead he is playing with the kids
and loving all over them, He even throws some of it my way. ;)
So, here is to "Putting on Your Big Girl Panties"
and being a better you! I think it is
also hard to listen to criticism, but when it comes from the people we love and
they mean to improve the lives of our family, how can you ignore it and still
call yourself a good parent??
No comments:
Post a Comment