Friday, April 2, 2010

28 Weeks!

Not my best hair day, but you get to see my belly. Karina went with me to the doctor today. I am officially in my third trimester! They are watching my B.P.. It has been getting too high in the evenings. Stink! I start non-stress tests in two weeks, what ever that means. I guess you go to the hospital and they hook you and the baby up to monitor both of our pulse and B.P. for an hour or so. Sound boring!

My gestational diabetes is controlled enough with diet that he said I did not need insulin shots which is great! I was not looking forward to those.

I got blood drawn, apparently they never got results back from the last time they drew it, which stinks cause I had the bruise for at least a week last time. Plus I got my RhoGAM shot right at the end of being there.
Little story about that: Karina and I go up to the front counter to make our apt next week and Karina asks to see the owee on my bum. When I told her no, she falls on the floor fake crying! After she recovered from that trauma she wanted a sucker like they give her at the end of apts at the other OB office. They of coarse, did not have any so she started crying about that! Stinker! The nice nurse came to her rescue and gave her a piece of gum, I would have not given her anything but at least she was back to her happy bouncy self. Two year olds, YEA!

I have another sonogram on Monday. Rachel is excited to skip a little school and go with Michael and I. I'll post those pictures after we got home.

It's a rainy spring day but I still love that last night we got to sleep with the windows open in our bedroom and feel the balmy breeze!

Conrad is having a great day off of school and since the house and his room is clean he is so happy that his whole day out of school is not going to be spent cleaning. So am I!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah for the 3rd trimester! That stinks about all those tests. I'm sorry. But I'm glad you don't have to take insulin too.

Reading about you getting to sleep with the window open is fun. We'll get there eventually. Tonight we went to a little cookout with some friends and we were all huddled around the two fire pits with a little bit of snow falling. Fun Momories.

djensen said...

Oh-I remember the RhoGAM shot. Not my favorite!