Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hospital Stay

So, I was admitted Thursday to KUMED hospital due to my blood pressure. Sunday we found out that I will have to stay here till our little baby boy is born. I have superimposed preeclampsia on top of my hypertension. In combination with my gestational diabetes my doctor wants me here to help keep me safe plus let the little guy have more time to get bigger and ready for the outside world.
This is a picture Karina took of the PICC line they put in my arm. It is threaded in though a vain in my arm, across my shoulder and ends about half way across my chest close to my heart. It was very painful the Sunday they put it in. The nice night nurse game me some warm packs to put on it and it felt much better the next day. They put it in so I did not have have a new IV put in every three days. It was also nice because if they needed to give me insulin draw blood they could just do it from my PICC without any pain!
I will keep you all posted as to what is going on as best I can. Thanks for all of the love and prayers!


Mom brought up Karina, Becca, Rachel and Katie Vanway. We watched a movie on Julia Child that was interesting. Don't the girls look thrilled!
Karina likes to sit on the bed with me to look at the pictures and movies on the camera. She loves to have me take a "movie" of her or take pictures too.

No comments: