Saturday, December 25, 2010

Thanksgiving in TX w/ the Edward’s 11/22/10-11/28/10

Since Michael had to work most of the week of Thanksgiving, he thought it would be fun for me to go with the kids to visit Robin, one of my best friends, and her family in TX.  I drove down by myself, with the kids; we left way late in the day plus with stopping every three hours to feed Alexander it made for a L-O-N-G trip.  Conrad and Karina stayed up too late the night before so they were a little crabby with each other, I was ready to sell them to the gypsies by the time we got there. 

After a good night sleep we were all happy the next day!  Yeah for sleep!

We went with the Edwards to see the long horn cattle drive in Historic downtown Fort Worth. We all had lots of fun looking in all the shops and seeing the cattle.  All the kids enjoyed playing with the long whip Conrad got a as a souvenir.IMG_4224

IMG_4229

We stopped for lunch and ate our picnic lunch on the grass in the perfect 76o weather!  Alexander was his perfect happy self all day!IMG_4235

The kids enjoyed their school break.  Robin and I cooked, fixed dinners, talked, went on walks with the kids and played some games. 

This is Eva, Isabelle and Karina watching a movie.IMG_4236

Here is Conrad and Jack playing their DSIs.IMG_4237

Robin showed me how she makes hair bows and flowers for her girls, I made some for Karina.  We went to Hobby Lobby, I got to use the gift card I got for my birthday (thanks Merilee) to buy ribbons and flowers to make more. Now I just need a glue gun.

We all went to the Eyerly’s, Robin’s parents who they live about 7 minutes away (and are like my Aunt and Uncle) for Thanksgiving dinner.  Becky, Robin’s mom, made a  lovely dinner with all the fixings.  Robin and I helped just a little, I baked a pecan pie the night before and it was so yummy!  The day was full of friends and fun playing games, watching football and talking! 

Robin and I went Black Friday shopping for a few hours in the morning and got back before the kids even woke up.

We went back over to the Eyerly’s a few days later to watch the BYU vs. Utah State game and play some games.  I actually watched the game and enjoyed it even though we were cheering for the Y and they lost right at the end!  It was a good game and the game food was yummy.  The kids had fun playing on the tarpaulin, board games and with toys in the little room under the stairs (called the secret room).  Becky showed Karina her wooden dolls that fit inside each other, she thought they were super cool!IMG_4245IMG_4247

Here are some cute pictures of the kids just hanging out.

IMG_4241IMG_4238

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the glasses Karina! Sounds like a fun trip especially the cattle run and the picnics.