Ever since we came back from Julie’s I have had a craving for German Pancakes. We have had them a few times and I love them, any meal of the day! Michael is not that big of a fan but the kids are more than happy to accompany me while I indulge my craving.
I love mine with lemon juice and powdered sugar dusted on top or you could use jam, bottled pears or any number of yummy toppings your family loves!
German Pancakes (Puffy Pancakes)
One Batch (4-5 people)
1/4 c. Butter
1 c. Milk
2 T. Sugar
1 t. Vanilla
6 Eggs
3/4 c. Flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
pinch of Salt
Batch and a Half (5-6 people)
6 T. butter
1 1/2 c. Milk
3 T. Sugar
1 1/2 t. Vanilla
9 Eggs
1 c. Flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 t. Salt
- Put butter in 9x13 backing dish and place in oven while it pre-heats to 350⁰.
- Blend together all remaining ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Pour carefully into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes.
Note: Don’t put more than a batch and a half in one 13x9 backing dish or it will overflow during baking.
1 comment:
Especially when our chickens are really up to speed on laying we love this dish. Delicious, quick and easy!!
Post a Comment