Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Vacation Hike to Grandpa's Mountian! and Woodward Reunion

We went hiking up to great grandpa Woodward's property. Michael had never been hiking up a real mountain and Conrad could not remember when we had gone before. Hiking up was a little hard on us out of shape Missourians. It was a good thing that the woods in Little Cottonwood Canyon are so pretty! There were flowers everywhere! Karina was a happy little walker. The Paynes brought some graham crackers, I don't think they knew they were some of our favorite snacks.
Look how tall the grass, flowers and plants are along the trail. Conrad thought it was cool that the grass was taller then he was.
We stopped at the first lake and ate a very large snack, the only thing missing that would have made it lunch was a sandwich. Conrad slipped into the edge of the lake. Poor little guy got his pant legs and shoes all wet and muddy. I was impressed with how little he even spoke of it. I would have been complaining the whole rest of the hike but not Conrad! He hiked up to the second lake in the rear group because we thought we were taking the easy way. It turned out we were just taking the long way. Julie even carries Karina on her shoulders. What a woman!
Abbie was so sweet to Karina all the time. Helping do and find what she wanted. What an angel!
Conrad is such a great brother! He and Abbie helped Karina walk up and down the sides of the lake bed.
Karina wanted to hold on to her hat because she did not want it to blow off her head. She had a pretty go hold on it while she fell asleep on Daddy's shoulder.
Down we go!
I think this is called Indian Paintbrush. Here she is going...
Going...
Gone.
I hiked down the mountain with Julie, Abbie and My Mom. It was a very nice and slow pace down the not so steep trail. We stopped to smell the flowers, take pictures of them, plus pick a lot of flowers for Abbie's bouquet.
Michael carried Karina all the way down the mountain on one shoulder. He is a strong man but was he ever glad to be able to put her down when they got to the car. As soon as he put her down she woke up. She was nice and rested after her free ride down. Her dad was not. Conrad was a great hiker. Michael said he had fun talking with Jessie and Mark all the way down.
That night we had a little reunion for just the Dee and Marian Woodward family. It was lots of fun to see everyone and talk to them about the fun things they are up to and how life is treating them.
I think these next few pictures of Julie and Mark are so funny! The focus is a little off but still very funny!
In the first one they are petending not to know each other.
Then they decide to start a conversation. Perhaps the other person is not that bad... Mark: Are you happy I smiled for your picture.
Julie: What is she doing with that camera?!
Julie looks so sweet in this one, then there is Mark being CRAZY!
This one they are both looking so nice and happy!
Julie is still smiling sweetly and mark gets silly er still...
Julie: My brother is such a HAM!
Julie decided being silly like Mark looked fun... Michael played Botchi ball with Mark, Julie, Grandma, Rachel, Mom, Aunt Renee and Cousin Tim's wife, Brook. I played horse shoes with my cousin Em, Aunt Deann and her husband Uncle Cert. I think it is safe to say that I will never win a gold medal in that sport! We did have fun, though we only had a handful of ringers between the four of us.
Karina loved playing in the wood chips. Jessie hung out with us, telling about tons of cool things!
Conrad played football with Uncle Ken, Mark, Spencer and Uncle Grant. They had such fun playing ball and rolling down the hill.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the pictures of Karina falling asleep! The pictures of Mark and I -- well I can't say that I love them, but they were pretty funny.

momwoodward said...

The pictures are great. We had such a great time.