Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day in the hospital.

My Mother's Day was a very great day!

Michael came to visit this morning around 8 while he waited on a call. When he came in empty handed I did not think much of it, because I thought he would be doing something for Mother's Day later in the day. We got to talk and hang out till he had to go. He mentioned that he thought we talked about waiting to celebrate Mother's Day till I got out of the hospital. I was a little upset, hoping to have a little vacation from the monotony. He had to leave to go on a call promising to come back when he was done.

When he got back he asked if I would like to get out of my room. Heck, ya I want to get out of this room. So, Michael went to get a wheel chair so we could take a tour of the hospital. It was nice to be out of the room! After about 25 minutes he suggested that he get me back up to the room because he told the nurse we would not be gone longer than 30 minutes.

As we were coming down the hall towards my room, Rachel and Becca rounded the corner with a large box. When they saw us, it was so funny, they turned and ran the other direction. I told Michael, "that was not sneaky at all!"

When we got to the room I thought everyone would be there but instead the room was decorated with a banner Dad made that said "Happy Mother's Day". There were flowers and the bed table set up for lunch for two on Mom's china. It was a very fancy looking lunch of salmon, green beans, boiled potatoes and cheddar biscuits. For dessert Rachel made sugar free Cherry Chocolate Moose Pie, it was very yummy!

I was very surprised and had a very nice lunch date with my sweet heart! Thank you to everyone that helped!

After lunch I took a much needed nap with Micheal played around on the computer till he had to go home and work on his computer class final.

David called looking to see if Mom was here so I got to talk to him for a little over 30 minutes. It was so nice to hear his voice and get to talk to him. I am so looking forward to see him on Wednesday! That is only two days away!!!!!!!!!

After Mom and Dad got done with dinner they brought the kids up to visit. I love seeing my babies!

Conrad brought up a book he had won at his school's book-in night, that was a few weeks ago. Jenney Whitehead, the author of a cute kids book named Holiday Stew was there and talked to everyone. Mom and Dad were very impressed with her. Conrad's poem won the little contest to win her book and he was very proud! He had me read the Mother's Day poem with him.
The kids loved playing in this box that Dad and Mom brought up to bring home the rest of the dishes and stuff. Silly kids.You can see in this one part of the sign Dad made me. ALL of the hospital staff comented how was awsome it was!Breakfast in Bed - For Mother's Day

We cooked Mom scrambled eggs
(and dropped some on the floor).

We made her buttered toast
(and smeared the kitchen floor).

We flipped a dozen pancakes
(now two are on the ceiling).

We sliced up a banana
(I think we lost the peeling).

We poured the maple syrup
(it's dripping down the chairs).

Happy Mother's Day, Mom
(Well, if you stay upstairs!)

The pictures in this book are so cute! You have to check it out!

It was so nice to cuddle with Conrad and Karina while Mom and Dad chatted about life.

Like I said before, It was a great Mother's Day!

2 comments:

djensen said...

Sounds like you had a great day all things considered!

Julie said...

How cool that Conrad's poem won. He must have been so excited!