I found a box turtle in the back yard while we were weeding the garden. The kids were very excited to keep it. Upon further learning about turtles I decided they were too much work to keep but we could let it take a vacation in our house for a few days.
The kids named it Boxy! Before we let it go back to “it’s Mommy” we made sure it was nice and full! Boxy loves fruit of any kind so his last meal here was some strawberries, yummy!
We like to write the name of the turtle on it’s back with a Sharpie, along with the date we found it and our phone number. Good luck little buddy and we hope to see you again soon!
1 comment:
That is so cool! I remember catching turtle in the house over by the high school when we were kids.
Post a Comment