Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Pinkalicious Birthday Karina! 7/28/11

Karina loves PINK!  She loves pink so much when we read Pinkalicious I knew right then what the theme of her 4th birthday was going to be!!  She had two wardrobe changes during the party, silly girl and two different crowns to wear.  It is so fun to be a Pinkalicious Princess!

IMG_1926

Here are some pictures of the decorations.  I made a few tissue paper balls to hang from the ceiling, we used Pink vases and flowers and pink & green drink umbrellas to decorate the tops of tables and shelves.

2011-07-28 0014

My Dad had to work so he could not be there but he was so thoughtful to make this wonderful banner!  What a good grandpa!It said,  “Wishing Karina a happy Pinkalicious Birthday” 

IMG_1891

This is me and the table scape.  Thanks Mom for letting me borrow your punch bowl!

2011-07-31

The day before the party I baked the cupcakes; so the morning of the party all I did was put them together.  I think they turned out way cute and look just like the ones in the book!  Here is our family being so silly and cute!

2011-07-28 0011

We have the best friends and family!  Thanks for coming!

2011-07-28 001

To start the party Nancy read Pinkalicious by Elizabeth and Victoria Kann (I case you did not know this I wanted to name Karina, Victoria Elizabeth Gavin but Daddy said no.  So I think it is FANTASTIC that these are the names of the two sisters that wrote and illustrated these books that Karina loves so much!).  I thought she would just read one but Karina had a few of the series lined up for her to read!  Nancy was so sweet to indulge the birthday girl!

2011-07-30

Then everyone got to color a picture of a Pinkalicious crown.  You can down load this picture and many others from the official Pinkalicious web-sight here.

2011-07-32

Pin The Cherry On the Cupcake!  We used tape so no one had to worry about getting stuck.  The kids loved seeing how well they did!

2011-07-33

Then it was time to open Presents!!!  I love watching kids open presents!  Everything she received was “THE BEST!” and “Fab-a-lus!”

2011-07-28 0013

Loves for Grandma!

2011-07-34

Singing “Happy Birthday” and blowing out the candles!  Yea!  Good job Karina!

0000000000bv

Let them eat cake!  And it was Yummy strawberry cake and strawberry frosting!! 

Collages1

Thank you Grandma for helping Alexander eat his cupcake!  He so enjoyed making a messy mess.  Silly baby.

Collages

and the birthday girl hamming it up for the camera!  She sure loved her Pinkalicious cupcake!  Happy Birthday baby girl!  We love you and con not believe you are growing up so fast! 2011-07-28 0016

(got this idea from my cousin Dianna, Thanks by the way!)

Things Karina enjoyed this year:

  • Ballet class at the Kansas City Ballet.
  • Loves her Daddy! and Mommy too.
  • Her favorite movies were Tinkerbelle the Great Fairy Rescue, Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron, and Hercules
  • She love Pink!
  • Dressing up in anything but princess dress are her favorite. 
  • Likes Mommy to feed her.
  • Daddy to put her to bed.
  • Her friends are Rachel and Kaitlyn Maughan, Brick and Mailee Ransom, Josh and Eli Millard, Landon Twente, Maco Lopez, Anna Lee Payce and Annabelle Dane.
  • Playing pretend house, being a horsey and being a dog.
  • She Loves to say the prayer!
  • She will always ask what animal we are going to dream about  after we tuck her in.
  • Reading books to herself and being read to!
  • and she loves being a sister!~

2 comments:

Julie said...

What an awesome party! So many fun memories for such a cute girl!

djensen said...

You are welcome :) Looks like a fun time! And yay we will get to come to the next one!