For the 4Th of July the kids and I had planned to go to Bass Pro with Jason and Nancy. Karina needed a nap before we went. Conrad and I were all ready to go, just waiting for Karina to wake from her nap. When she woke up we had a little poo problem, that meant Karina needed a bath. We were a little late meeting the Eyerlys but they forgave us.

At Bass Pro they had bird houses that we could put together, then paint. Here is Nancy and Jason, don't they look like they are having the time of their lives!

Conrad put his together without any help!

They had an area set up where you could practice your fishing casting into buckets with large mouth bass on the sides. It looked way cute with nets and cat tails set up all around!

Conrad did not really want to paint, he went to the bow and arrow, archery and shooting classes. As soon as he was done Jason and Nancy joined him. Karina, Rachel and I painted bird houses. Karina loved painting! She did hers with very little help, plus without as much mess as I thought she would make on herself!

Karina's house turned out pretty cute! She wanted to paint ALL of the sides!

After we were done painting we went to find the boys and Nancy. They were up at the shooting range. Bass Pro turned them all on so it was free to practice shooting! The kids and I had fun seeing how good our shot was. Karina thaought her brother was so cool with his gun and had to join him on the counter. Conrad had so much fun practicing and we passed off a few cub scout badges while we were there!

Karina and her mommy! This is a cute picture and Karina is looking at the camera while she smiles!

Rachel and I let Karina see the fish and pet the stuffed real deer. She loves to smile at the camera! Sometimes her "cheese" smile is not even directed at the camera! I think it is so cute!

I think Karina looks so funny in this picture. I asked her to sit here because I thought it would make a cute picture. She looks like she is irritated and in time-out but she was not! I promise!

Outside they had a little pool set-up for everyone to kayak in. Conrad is a great kayaker! He go it right off the bad! Karina was so mad that she could not get in the pool! While everyone took their turn Karina through a tantrum...I love this age!


Rachel and I are so cool!

We all took a little walk down by the lake. Conrad and Jason had run ahead, playing in the brush and tall grass by the edge. Conrad ran up and asked if he could use the camera to take a picture of a snake. I was a little leery of what kind it was, tellin him that I wanted to see the snake first! It was a good thing I went to check! It was a RATTLE SNAKE! Conrad was less than a foot from it when I saw where the snake was he was talking about! I grabbed him and yanked him back, like his like depended on it (because it did!!!!), telling him what it was! He was sure because he could not see the rattle part that it was not one! I assured him that I knew what I was talking about sending him and Jason quickly back to the side walk!
After doing a little research on the net, I now think it was a Northern Water Snake. Just the same, it saved us a trip to the ER because at the time I was so paranoid it was a rattle snake I would have taken him their had he been bitten! You can check out other MO snakes at this link for The Missouri Department of Conservation. http://www.mdc.mo.gov/nathis/herpetol/snake/snake1.htm
Rachel took this way cute picture of Karina and I on the slide. It reminds me of a picture of Conrad and I that Julie took six years ago.
1 comment:
As I'm sure you now know, rattlesnakes do not live in Missouri. Mostly they live in the dessert and would one be found in Missouri in a pet store or in an aquirium in someones house. Cute pics!
Post a Comment