This week our lesson was on testimony. It was a very spiritual class and I think the girls felt it too. At the end of class I had all of the girls write their testimony on stationary. I gave them envelopes to put them in and write on them "Open on my 18Th Birthday". They did like the idea a lot.

I made the handouts the out of old jelly jars. Then printed up these labels for them. I planted mint in them because it was something they have to nurture just like their testimonies, something they could use to be self sufficient. Which is something our bishop is very interested in stressing to our members.
"Like this plant, remember, nourish often. Don't neglect your testimony."
2 comments:
I love the write now open later things...except once in RS we did that for the new year and all year long I thought about what I worte and how I wasn't doing it....
I had a teacher tell us to do the write now open later thing once and I loved it so much that I did it again when I opened the first letter. It is an awesome thing, especially at that age. You are so creative! That is way you are a YW teacher and not me.
Post a Comment